Saturday, February 7, 2009

Learning the Ins and Outs

So now that I have started you on two different roads....1. Tips about wedding and event planning and 2. my adventure ....let me catch you up quickly on how my adventure is going and then give you the tip of the day.

Well today was a festive day....some information about the wedding industry came in the mail....it gives me a better look on how to deal with such a big place and to focus and use direction to accomplish my goal. I basically spend the day relaxing however, because I wasn't feeling to good today....number one rule ....YOUR HEATH COMES FIRST!!!! For the rest of the evening, I surfed the web looking for opportunities and ideas.

OK.....Tip #3
Choosing the right location is always the tasks that overwhelms most couples; mainly the bride. Most of them, know what they want the reception to look like but they don't consider all the aspects.

There are certain questions that you need to ask yourself and realities that you should consider, when choosing a location for your reception (and or wedding).

The following is a list that can steer you in right direction, when choosing a location.


1. What's my BUDGET?
2. What is more important to me, the CHURCH or the reception HALL?

3. What is my THEME?
4. Are CHILDREN attending?
5. Weather conditions for my big day; is there a backup available if WEATHER changes occur?
6. Please remember, PARKING is important; the lot size should accommodate your guests list.
7. SECURITY.
8. Be TRUTHFUL to yourself, of the 300 people that I've invited, how many do I really know?
9. Do I really need a BAR or will Uncle Jeff and Auntie Marg protest?
10. PHOTOGRAPHY, do I really mind the strip club next door being in my guests pics....lol..
Remember, for a wedding or event, the majority of your money should be sent on food, beverages and entertainment, so be smart and ask yourself this final question, do my guest want to be satisfied or admire you all night?! Ok Bridezillas, let your moms answer that one...lol..
In my next blog....now that we've done our budget and have chosen a location to match, lets choose our wedding planner. (I do advice that you choose one before this point, but I am starting at this point because so many brides do)

No comments:

Post a Comment